HW: Party and hotel thing

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Dec 13 18:08:37 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Arin Komins <akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: HW: Party and hotel thing

> : More web hunting:
> http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels/bayswater/index.html
(doubles
> for 69 pounds and have meeting space available (may be a high
season/low
> season thing, tho'))

This looks amazingly superior for just 69 pounds - I suspect the
standard rate will apply.   Still it might be worth contacting.
My enquiries today suggest that University accommodation is only
available May-September.   Everything in that line is closed over
Christmas period so that's out 8-(

The Vienna group of hotels seemed worth checking out.   Westminster
Hotel offered 85 pounds for a single  102 pounds for a double and
has conference facilities.    However they can't say anything about
availability until after the end of the week.     The New Atlantic
Hotel is a Budget version of the Vienna group.   No conference
facilities (though there are communal areas I think)  and prices are
43 pounds for a single without en-suite facilities  55 pounds for a
single with en-suite.   Doubles/twins are 73 pounds without en-suite
and (something else - I didn't write it down!) with.     The
accommodation obviously will vary across the range because the hotel
also offers triple. quadruple and dormitory accommodation but it
looks comfortable enough.      They can offer available
accommodation of all types on the 29th December but not on other
days - it looks as if that's the only window of opportunity!

So the New Atlantic Hotel is about all I can offer.    address is 1
Queens Gardens, London, W2 3BB (near Paddington and just N of Hyde
Park).   Phone 0207 262 4471  email
NewAtlanticHotel at vienna-group.co.uk

Can anyone else suggest anything better?

jill