No Dope + Hawkwind??????

Richard Stockwell richard at CRANIUM.CO.NZ
Thu Dec 14 03:26:52 EST 2000

>>All my mates at college use to say to me
> > that the only way anyone could enjoy HW was to get 'stoned'. I didn't
agree then and at 43 yrs old now I still don't agree.

Listening to bands like Hawkwind drugs are good but they aren't necessary.
Where drugs are DEFINITELY NEEDED is when you have to hear the dirge that
Top 40 radio and the Peter Pan music that shopping malls play ... you need
those drugs to stop yourself from thottling someone ... sorry I didn't mean
someone I meant one of the sheep that happily listens day in and day out to
the same old crap that radio, tv ads, shopping mall music etc pumps out.
        For one day I would love to have the job of selecting the music that gets
piped over the  system in supermarkets and shopping malls. Wonder how
shoppers would react to say Tim Blake or Pete Namlook being played. You
would think the people in charge of selecting the music for shoppers to hear
would have realised by now if you play people something meaningful they will
shop longer.

Richard