No subject

Berry Sizemore AKA Jhary-a-Conel multiverse at ONEBOX.COM
Thu Dec 14 01:55:20 EST 2000

I am proud to announce the creation of http://www.newworldsmagazine.com/
- The Official New Worlds Magazine online!

I'm not editor, writer or even owner of newworldsmagazine.com. I am the
lead engineer on this project. Mr. Michael Moorcock is the owner of the
web site. I will be doing for New Worlds what I've been doing for multiverse.org,
simply supply a site that contains as much information as I am capable
of stuffing into it. I don't dare claim that I can or will provide all
information possible. I believe that New Worlds Magazine will be a great
resource for fans, writers, publishers and editors alike.

The current version of newworldsmagazine.com is simply an extract of
what was within multiverse.org. But I imagine that it will grow beyond
multiverse.org's current size and usefulness. Where multiverse.org is
a window for fans into Mr. Moorcock's world and Mr. Moorcock into the
fans' world, so may newworldsmagazine.com be for other writers and their
fans. The scope is greater than multiverse.org's and the tasks ahead
will be slow in coming as it has for multiverse.org. multiverse.org has
been a wonderful and terrible test of what can be done and what should
not happen.

Things that are:

* a paper on the history of New Worlds
* a paper on the current state of New Worlds
* the original introduction to THE NEW WORLDS ANTHOLOGY written by Michael
Moorcock
* a white and black design to the interface - I will strive to keep it
clean and free of clutter - easy to read

Things to be:

* scans of the original magazines including covers, artwork, document
extracts
* fan/author interfaces such as forums and Q&As for participants
* author/editor/publisher interface for conducting limited document exchanging

* a sorting/searching feature
* an ezine

I hereby declare my right to do none of the above. If it gets too expensive,
or copyright lawyers show up at my door, my decision making is likely
to ensure my personal survival. But that's not likely to happen. I really
want to encourage everyone's participation. I crave the feedback so few
people offer. If you can help in any way, please feel free to contact
me at mutliverse at hotmail.com.

A special note to my friends and Michael's fans in Europe:

You folks contribute to no less than 25% of all traffic to multiverse.org
compared to the 25% the United States contributes. This is a key consideration
in this sites layout and design. Fancy formatting of pages, i.e. heavy
usage of tables, big gaudy graphics, javascript rollovers and other layout
conventions, will be avoided. Since dialups in Europe are costly and
time is of the essence, I will strive to make this site as easy to download
as I possibly can. I will also make pages printable so you can print
and disconnect. The layout will remain spartan. And if there will be
a gigantic graphic, you will be warned before you commence into a 10
minute download of a picture of someone's ass, or worse, an image you've
already seen.

Thank you,

Jhary-a-Conel

(253) 503-2230 x5541
ICQ:  1400818
multiverse at onebox.com
http://www.multiverse.org/

"It seems very pretty," she said when she had finished it, "but it's
rather hard to understand!"  (You see she didn't like to confess, even
to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.)  "Somehow it seems
to fill my head with ideas-only I don't exactly know what they are!"
           - Lewis Carroll