OFF: Mahavishnu Project (was Re: OFF: Vinyl)

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Dec 15 07:47:49 EST 2000

> On 14 Dec 00, at 15:31, Paul Mather wrote:
>
>> NP: Mahavishnu Orchestra, _The Lost Trident Sessions_
>
> Paul, what's the verdict on this one?  I've been meaning to get it.
> Way back when, I wore out vinyl copies of Inner Mounting Flame
> and Birds of Fire.  Got to see the band at an outdoor gig with--get
> this--Ravi Shankar opening...
>
> theo

Go see the Mahavishnu Project if you get the chance. They played Rochester
recently and were pretty amazing. They played all of Birds of Fire and Inner
Mounting Flame, and I think some stuff from The Lost Trident Sessions as
well (I don't own the album, but I read that the were breaking out some of
these "new" tunes at gigs.)

BTW, there are no Mahavishnu Orchestra members in the band, they're just a
really talented cover band.

Brian

p.s. also check out the Zappa cover band Project Object if possible. I saw
them with Ike Willis and they put on an incredibly fun show.

--
Brian Halligan
mailto:blackblade at bhalligan.com
http://www.bhalligan.com