OT: Re: Seasonal message

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 15 13:26:15 EST 2000

John H. McCartney writes:

> There's been a fair amount of study on this sort of thing, people dying
> during or immediately after the holidays, with all sorts of inconclusive
> conclusions. Some say it's the stress that does it, others propose that
> there's a degree of 'hanging on' until then. The human mind/spirit is
> a mysterious thing.....

There was a story in the comics this week about a guy in a nursing home
who wanted to get his telegram from the Queen when he was 100. They had
a big party organised in the home for him. In the morning, they brought
him the post in bed. He read his telegram, said "I made it", and died
right then. I don't think there's much doubt that people can hang on if
they're determined enough.

FoFP

P.S: they had the party anyway...