HW: finest moments

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Dec 15 20:45:30 EST 2000

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Steve Litchfield wrote:

I'm lagging behind in threads here, but better late than never:

:Subject: HW: finest moments
:
:Here's a small survey I've wanted to do for a while.

surveys!

:What's your single finest memory of recorded Hawkwind (live or studio)? It
:can be a phrase, a passage or even an entire song or album. i.e. what bit
:of recording encapsulates everything you like about the band most? And
:why?

Shade Gate.  such a beautiful little instrumental piece.  I could almost
see the gate to a chaos realm in front of me in my mind.....adventure and
dread simultaneously.

Tides.
melancholy-sitting-in-the-sun-letting-the-afternoon-drift-by-while-the-tides-lap
song.

hurry on sundown.  just 'cause it always puts a grin on my face and
makes me feel better.

arrival in utopia

green finned demon
mirror of illusion
fall of earth city
motherless children (blues!)

In general, I'm not a huge lyrics/voice fan, but hawkwind has never
bothered me...(but I'm a huge sf fan, so I quite get into the lyrics.)

Live concerts -- catching hawkwind for the first time at the ambler
cabaret in philly (a tiny little venue).

catching them live at the cubby bear on the strange daze 97? tour.

meeting the assorter boc'lers at brixton. getting a chance to talk to
kris.

grooving to the music at brixton.

electric tepee, which was so different when I heard it, and now I love
it.

church of hawkwind, which I once hated....which I now love.

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559