HW: finest moments

Tigger Tigger at PUDDYTAT.FSNET.CO.UK
Sat Dec 16 04:56:35 EST 2000

In article <000b01c06702$6509a3e0$0c1028d5 at starfield>, starfield
<starfield at SUPANET.COM> writes
>> Always puzzles me that people think it's a violin ;)
>> It's a MiniKorg 700.
>
>It certainly is. I have one of these old wonderful machines.

They don't make them like that anymore - I've had a 700S for over 18
years now, had no problems with it at all, despite having spilled
several pints over it (It did make some very interesting noises when
that happened)

> Whilst it may
>not be the last word in versatility, it is the only synth I've heard that
>takes the top of your head off in the higher registers. Check out Spiral
>Galaxy for more sonic mayhem from the MiniGorg....

Playing one of those beasties through an echo chamber into headphones
does strange things to your head.

>The actual one HW used came up for sale in our local FreeAds a few years
>back - sold for £70.00.  Wish I'd got there first.

Me too - that's a very good price, at least for the buyer. That synth
always was underrated.

--
David Blair