OFF: Crohinga Well

Carl Edlund Anderson carlaz at NTLWORLD.COM
Sun Dec 17 08:40:12 EST 2000

At 23.03 +0000 15.12.2000, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:
>So, maybe to start another subject, what would Hawkwind fans like to see in
>2001 that could top what's happened this year.

I'd like to see Dave Brock turn up his amplifier :)

And, if possible, start rocking out again like he was in the early
90s (not to mention the early 70s :)

>Personally, I'd love to see a
>collective of studio bound musicians doing an album of old material - sounds
>a retro step possibly, but with all this reunion thing and the increasingly
>less likely possibility of the Reuinon live album coming out in its
>entirety, that would be the full stop to the whole thing - oh and a tour
>that comes to Scotland please.

How about a collective of musicians doing an album of _new_ material.
I mean, let's face it, what are the chances of them recording a
version of "Born to Go" that's better on _SR_? I mean, I'd be
impressed, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.

But when the _try_, and when the have the right people, that
mysterious entity known as Hawkwind _can_ turn out new music that's
as good as anything they've done. I'd rather hear new songs that
looked to the sound of the past (or, alternatively, the sound of the
_present_ "stoner" rock scene) than the sound of the present (which
can be dodgy) looking to old songs.

Even if he falls over now and then, Lemmy still proves that you can
make music when your 50 that is just as good and uncompromising in
its principles as the music you made when you were 20. Motorhead does
not need to record a studio album of songs the first made 25 years
ago because, well, the new songs are really good. Hawkwind should be
able to manage that much. They have, after all, a much larger pool of
potential collaborators to choose from ;)

Cheers,
Carl

ObCD: Five Fifteen, _Psychedelic Singalongs for Stadiums_.

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:carlaz at ntlworld.com