HW: SpaceBrock question

Tigger Tigger at PUDDYTAT.FSNET.CO.UK
Sun Dec 17 08:44:44 EST 2000

In article <Xkqa3DAq5LP6Ew5i at hermit0.demon.co.uk>, Nick Medford
<nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK> writes

It's not listed on the soundtrack CD, or on www.imdb.com

>  And how about 'Some People Never Die' being from the
>>film 'Assassination'?  Wasn't that just the Weird Tapes title for this
>>track?

Yes

>>Any ideas?

Nope, but it does remind me of Levitation - on the LP '5th second of
forever' is listed as being 'from the film'. What film?

>>Nick
>
>Can't answer these questions, but have some of my own: What is the deal
>with this album? Is it a Brock solo, a Hawkwind album or what? And on
>reading the above- does it contain more of the dreaded "remakes" of old
>tracks?

Some of the remakes are worth it - I thought the Electric Tepee version
of Mirror of Illusion was better than the original - what's worse is
when they just change the name of a track so it looks like something you
haven't got yet. I've lost count of the times I've seen that. I had a
look on the Voiceprint website, it says the Weird tapes have been
reissued on CD with bonus tracks. The only differences I can see are
that yet again some of the tracks have had a name change.

--
David Blair