OFF: Crass ( was:the Enid )

Richard Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Mon Dec 18 07:27:17 EST 2000

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:47:49 -0500, Nick Medford
<nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
> wrote:
> >Their connection with Conflict was one of the more improbable
associations,
> >although a smattering of hardcore punks would often show up at Enid gigs
> >and seemed to greatly enjoy the fey neo-classicism on offer.
Anarcho-punks
> >Crass (closely linked to Conflict) also lived on a farm and tried to
> >maintain a completely autonomous existence, so there was a parallel with
> >the Enid there, making the connection a litle less mind-boggling perhaps.
>
> And I believe that Hawkwind could be connected to Crass via their former
> manager, whose recent one-hit-wonder cash cow from a couple years back was
> a Crass spinoff?  Or am I full of it?

Re my earlier post about Crass and the Stratford Mercenaries...

Saw Ed from the Mercenaries over the weekend, and apparently Steve Ignorant
has left.

Ah well...  Should keep up really...

:-(

Cheers,