HW: Location of the Astoria i

Si Halley sihalley at CABLEINET.CO.UK
Thu Dec 21 10:32:24 EST 2000

Subject: Re: HW: Location of the Astoria i

> Maxine Wesley writes:
>
> > Can someone please e-mail the location of the Astoria & the pre-gig
> > pub meet in relation to Charing Cross station - |I  know this has
> > been pointed out previously but I have lorst the directions. TUT!
>
> I'm still trying to find out which pub, but the Astoria is up the hill
> towards Oxford Street from Charing X station. It's about at the point
> where the road heads in to Leicester Square.

I think you may be thinking of the Hippodrome. That`s right next to
Leciester Square. It`s a bit of a walk from Charing Cross to the Astoria.
The Astoria is right on top (almost literally) of Tottenham Court Road Tube
station. That would be the one to aim for by train as it`s literally 30
seconds from the tube exit. And Tottenham Court Road is on the Northern line
which is useful for connections.

 Si