HW: [larry boyd]

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 21 10:54:12 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/21/00 9:42:30 AM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
writes:

<<  I think, objectively speaking, there are some quite good moments on
> the DL SD99 and Mandelbrot 2000 vids. Not all of it, but certainly
> some damn fine peaks! Mr. Jarrett may be willing to back me up on
> this, as a disinterested observer :)

        The SD99 video is possibly less interesting than the audio, as on
the tape it sounds a good deal more connected than it looks on the
video. It's not really typical Das Ludicroix, in that it lacks attack
somewhat, but there are some very good moments. Doug Pearson's synth raher
overwhelms the audio too, and the video generally has a fuller sound.
===
nnnggghhh tune up, doug! turn up, carl!

oh, i remember it well...'okay, doc synth, i wont get high before the set'...
doc synth: 'oh, but you _will_ get high before the set!'

doctor's orders, y'unnerstand.

<< The Mandelbrot stuff kicks arse! It must have been intense to
watch! A dense soup of space noise with lurking riffs and hypnotic
rhythms. Again I suspect on tape it would be a lot less obvious how
chancey this whole creation is, as you get the impression of confusion
much more, but I would heartily recommend it to anyone who thinks
Tangerine Dream's _Zeit_ is OK but really could have used a three piece
rhythm section going flat-out :-) Yours,>>
 ===                                        Jon
 after SD, and facing a nigh-empty room that day, we understood our mission
and acted accordingly. the lights, the theatrical smoke [or whatever that
was], being transiently able to hear my colleagues..."i know! i'll follow
what carl's doing.."
for we onstage, one big blur, as well it should have been. with doc synth
stuck in bronx traffic, bob mayo and carl's sister performed more than
adequately.

a good note to vanish into the ether on, as we werent able to take mr. lascko
up on his invite to replace bionaut, at SD2K, and start off the whole danged
festival.

ho to the 3rd power!

"<>"