Getting better organised

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Dec 28 07:36:21 EST 2000

On 27 Dec 00, at 17:10, Paul Mather wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
>
> => > => Other bands (such as Zeppelin & Deep Purple) have really well
> => > organized => bootleg trees with very high quality standards and
> very => > stringent trading => rules. => => I'm shocked to know this,
> given Page [a.k.a. Led Wallet]'s => litigiousness and general business
> acumen.  You'd think he'd have => shut it down by now...
>
> I thought that was Peter Grant.  But, to clarify somewhat, Zeppelin
> Digital is in no way sanctioned by Led Zeppelin.  (Not like the ol'
> Mule Trane tree [RIP], whose seeds often came from the band [hint,
> hint, Hawkwind and BOC :-)]...)

No denying that Grant was a savvy manager, but Page is no piker
either.  My favorite Page story:  He was selling a bunch of speaker
cabinets, and had his roady swap the speakers inside, which were in
good shape, with ones they had toured with and beaten hell out of!
This from a guy worth millions at that time!

theo