ASTORIA PARTY

Cerberus cerberus at AVON666.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Dec 30 12:04:30 EST 2000

What a great bunch of people Hawkwind are!!  After finally being able to meet them at the after gig party we can honestly say they are some of the nicest people on the planet.  We would like to thank Kris for the work she put into organising things, Dave for the kind words of encouragement about our artwork, the photo opportunity and autographs and Huw and his wife for taking time out to chat with us - and the Hawkwind Christmas cake was yummy, thanks Ron for sharing it with us.  The laminates are gorgeous, and they will be treasured souvenirs of a brilliant night.

As for the concert itself, well you couldn't ask for much better.  As usual Hawkwind delivered the goods, and tracks like Damage of Life, and Flying Doctor were a real treat when played live.

The whole atmosphere of the Astoria was that of a free festival, okay, it did take a while to get in, which was no thanks to the neanderthalic intellectually challenged doormen, but hey, it was worth it.

To those who were unable to make the gig, gotta tell you people, you really missed something extraordinary.  To the people that we met up with, Bernhard, Eli, Paula and Kevin, it was great to see you all again and we hope to meet up  the next time the Hawkwind machine is rolling.

Also managed to pick up all the Weird Tapes, Space Brock, a couple of Huw's albums and some other treasures we have yet to play - we really couldn't have asked for a better night.

So a big thank you to Hawkwind and all concerned - you are indeed the Masters of the Universe.

Gary & Anna