HW: Astoria

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Sat Dec 30 12:07:50 EST 2000

Dave asked:

>I wasn't there, unfortunately. What was the line-up and set list.

OK, this is my recollection of what we heard - others will, I'm sure, be
able to fill in the gaps in my hazy memory. Song order, particularly, is not
to be trusted!

Here we go:

Levitation
Hippy
Spacebrock
Space Is Deep
Flying Doctor
Warrior On The Edge Of Time (w/ Moorcock phoning home)
High Rise
Angels Of Death
Lighthouse
Damage of Life
Free Fall
Motorway City
Sonic Attack
Hurry On Sundown
Spirit Of The Age
Assassins Of Allah

Personal highlights were Space Is Deep, Hurry On Sundown, Flying Doctor &
Damage Of Life, but to be honest, there were no lowpoints. Even Angels
of Death sounded terrific w/ the added sax.

Dave, Alan, Richard & Keith were on-stage pretty much throughout. Harvey &
Simon there for most, Jerry slightly less so. Tim appeared for Lighthouse
only, Ron for Hippy & the Calvert vocals (and did a great job, I thought).
Rizz just for Assassins, thankfully. Huwy was lurking behind Richard's kit
for a while &
contributed percussion to SotA, but sadly (?) that was it. Anyone I've
forgotten?

Previous correspondents were right about Spacehead, but I really enjoyed
Tim's set & thought Spiral Realms were OK.

For the record, I thought it was a terrific night - thanks to one & all
involved in
putting on the best HW show I've seen in years.

Cheers

Dave