HW: Arin !!

Dave Greenhalgh d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Dec 31 00:16:24 EST 2000

Well done Arin!  Definitely a triumph.

How Arin managed to pull all that together I do not know.  Good hotel at
a ridiculously good rate and a superb after party party (My birthday)
party.  Full
marks to the genie of the lamp for the in hotel light show that must
have left the Astoria feeling silly as well.  It was definitely a great
way to wind down after the gig and the after gig do at the 12 bar.
Managing to keep everyone, including most of the band, awake relaxed and
thoroughly enjoying themselves till 4am is testament enough., I think.

Once again, it was great to put names to faces and re-establish contacts
with those already known.

I'll leave it to others to describe the gig.  Bloody good is all I'll
say and well worth the nightmare of Virgin Trains to get to (4 hours
late and not even arriving at the right city.) Good to see a longer
Simon-set and as always wonderful to watch Tim.  Even the singer at the
12 Bar was nice.  Who were the Techno-duo that opened?

Thanks again to Arin, thanks to Gill and (was it) Eric who found a
nibbles shop at god knows what time and thanks to the Band for the set
and for the after gig party and especially for being so relaxed at the
after party party !

Sorry we didn't make it to the Mountain Grill.

Dave