Off: Quicksilver Messenger Service

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Tue Feb 1 14:54:47 EST 2000

This was posted to the Manband Mailing List, and I thought it might be of
interest to the greybeards & archive delvers!

ChrisW
ObVinyl: Ian Carr/Old Heartland & Eberhard Weber/Works

>Picked up an excellent new QMS album called "Lost Gold And Silver" which
>features rare and unreleased prime-QMS (i.e. four piece band sans Dino
Valenti).
>One album is live with the other containing demos/early versions dating
from the
>first album (especially an early take on Gold And Silver) plus the Stand By
>Me/Bears single and, of particular interest to Manfans, the tracks
recorded for
>the Revolution soundtrack and played by Man on the Maximum Darkness tour,
Codine
>and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
>
>If you like the first two Quicksilver albums this one is highly recommended -
>there some great playing particularly from Cippolina on the live stuff and
it's
>a bit looser than Happy Trails.   Great versions of The Fool, Gold And Silver
>and Dino's Song.   No Pride Of Man which is a bit of a bummer.   The live
>version of Who Do You Love also not a patch on the Happy Trails version
but it's
>also half the length and a more conventional reading.
>
>It's on Capitol Records so should be reasonably available if you're
looking for
>it.
>
>Allan

"a cynic is a man who when he smells flowers looks around for a coffin" -
Bierce