BOC: Compilation Madness

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Feb 2 08:27:56 EST 2000

On 2 Feb 00, at 9:11, John A. Swartz wrote:

> > It's biggest crime, in my mind, was that they took 'The Marshall
> > Plan' and nothing else from Cultosaurus....  that album deserved at
> > least two cuts, and Marshall Plan wouldn't have been one of the two
> > if I were making the call... (I'd go with any of Black Blade, Lips
> > in the Hills, or Unknown Tongue)...

How could they exclude 'Lips...or Divine Wind?'  Seems a no-
brainer...

> There were a few crimes on Workshop - IMHO, the biggest crime was the
> absence of "Hot Rails to Hell", followed by no Imaginos tunes
> (especially in light of what the liner notes said about it).

Personally, I think Imaginos stuff shouldn't be included, given that it
was essentially an Albert project, and also given that the members of
BOC [or 3OC] didn't do all that much playing on it!

theo