BOC: Compilation Madness

Your Name ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Feb 2 17:20:10 EST 2000

"Ted Jackson jr." wrote:

> On 2 Feb 00, at 15:48, Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:
>

> Virtually none, I'm afraid.  Sony can pretty much do what they want.
> The only songs BOC have any rights to, I think, are the ones that
> appeared on Cult Classic.  I thinkk that Albert was paid a lump sum
> by Sony, and may even get some residuals for songs that he wrote.
> Don't take this as gospel, I'm just going on a faded memory here.  I'm
> sure someone will correct me...

None of the band has any input in any of these compilations. Buck told me
last Saturday that none of the band had any input. We all wish they'd put
out some other stuff. Yes I still get royalties for the records they sell.

>  If
> > Elektra was smart, it would release the stalkforrest sessions in NICE
> > pacakging and poop like  that to undermine their Sony competition or
> > something like that.... of course you realize this assumes that the
> > BOC fan market is highly sought after :)

I think some other company has bought those tapes. We've all heard the
rumors they're coming out but that's been floating around for a few years
already.

> > As to the Imaginos stuff not being on the recent comp., I wonder if
> > it's because of the legal tomfoorely which ate up the 80's over its
> > ownership. In which case, the question is: Who has publishing control
> > over "Imaginos" the album?

Columbia still has all rights to the Imaginos tapes, both the released
songs and the unreleased ones.