HW: NZ tour track-list

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Feb 3 11:31:26 EST 2000

Bernhard said...

>right stuff
>coded languages
>motorway city
>assault and battery
>golden void
>forge of vulcan
>spirit of the age
>assasins of allah
>arrival in utopia
>blue skin
>free fall
>brainstorm
>ejection
>uncle sams on mars
>gremlin

Well, this is a great selection of stuff in one sense.  But then, don't you
think it's a little odd that there's exactly *one* track from the last 17 or
18 years?  I would have thought 'Hippy' could be put in there, and 'Wheels'
or 'Alchemy' for Jerry to crank out.  Maybe it's because of Steve Taylor not
knowing the newer stuff?

Anyway, I guess since this is the first NZ/AU tour ever (?), I suppose the
fans down there would just as well hear this 'classic' selection of tunes.
The US tour in '89 (supposedly Xenon Codex! tour, though nothing from this
album was played) was kinda like this...as Palace Springs shows.  Only
Treadmill and Back in the Box were 'new.'  I loved it...from Magnu to
Damnation Alley, and beyond!  :)

Any mention of the fire/lightshow?  Any Maori's on-stage?

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  'Gremlin' has been the finale hasn't it, not the encore? So was the
encore MotU?  Or have they changed this?

P.P.S.  I love Motorway City being back in the set!!  I just heard the MK
version last night (thanks everyone)...other than Jerry's guitar being hard
to pick out, it sounds great.  I want to see them back in the US just for
this reason alone!  Probably my favourite (or second favourite after TGV) HW
track of all-time.

P.P.P.S.  What does everyone think of the new 'techno-ization' of the ending
to TGV and a little during SotA?  I don't mind that they do this a little
during the set (like the Space is Their (Palestine) is pretty cool), but I'm
a little too 'traditional' to easily accept it being used during these two
classics.  I was taken aback a little at the end of TGV.