OFF: Spirit Caravan tour

Fri Feb 4 18:52:45 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:27:38PM -0500, K Henderson wrote:
> Hi Folks...
>
> Haven't heard these folks personally, but I gather they're one of the better
> 'stoner rock' bands out there in space.  A local store has a five-song CD-EP
> I've been eying lately, called 'Dreamwheel.'  Suppose I should pick it up if
> I decide to head up to Cleveland to check 'em out.  Anybody heard this
> thing?  Should I track down Jug Fulla Sun instead?

        Emphatically, buy them both. _Jug Fulla Sun_ was my best buy of
last year, and I expect no less of _Dreamwheel_ when I get it. They are
a bit more metal than stoner, but not so far as to lose listenability,
and Wino (ex-Thee Obsessed - apparently you have to say this in
reviews) plays guitar like a fiend, albeit a fiend who has known
suffering. His vocals are so like Lemmy's you can't ignore it but this man
has a lot of emotion he doesn't mind letting into his music. Some of their
songs simply rock - some of them are truly lovely. See them if you can, I
gather it puts them into context somewhat.Really - I think they're
great. Yours,
              Jon

--
 |                Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge              |