OFF/"rule of thumb" and other MEATY topix

Tim Stephenson timnjaq at TSTEPHENSON.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Feb 6 17:43:00 EST 2000

going way off topic here......

I've always thought there should be degrees of veggieism, respected by
veggies.  The problem for us burger eaters is that our veggie friends lump
anyone who eats honey or veal into the same boat.  This is ridiculous and
doesnt help the cause.  Utter communism (all being precisely equal) is
discredited and similarly the concept of NIL exploitation of animals is
impractically extreme for a world population.  Fish farms may be bad, but
fur farms are worse.  I consider that eating mammals is close to
cannibalism, but not birds or fish.  etc etc.

Wow - fancy expressing those views on a HW mail group - weird!