OFF: Foghat/Savoy Brown

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Feb 10 18:43:02 EST 2000

Daslud wrote:
>In a message dated 2/10/00 4:57:36 PM, RMayo19761 at AOL.COM writes:
>
><<
><< Just found out-Lonsome Dave from Foghat died on February 7
> Slow Ride, take it easy
> >>

>=============
>R.I.P.  and such.
>
>foghat came about when  2 or 3 (?) guys, incl. dave peverett, left savoy
>brown after their "hellbound train lp" (maybe that band's best, if you go for
>that).
>Foghat was an easy band to be scorned by folx listening to punk rock 45's in
>the middle '70s, but i suppose they were analogous to a band like, um, status
>quo.  folx came to get rocked and sho 'nuff yes they did.
>and try not to slip on the vomit on the floor as you leave.

Actually, Foghat was formed just before Savoy Brown's Street Corner Talking
album. (The one before Hellbound Train.) Dave Walker was the vocalist on
SCT and HT. I agree that HT is a great album though. And I think Savoy
Brown is an extremely underrated band in general. But maybe I just want to
think that because Kim Simmonds lives 10min from my hometown. ;-)

Brian