OFF: Foghat/Savoy Brown

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Feb 11 12:16:54 EST 2000

On 11 Feb 00, at 12:32, Brian Halligan wrote:

> Theo wrote:
> >Yeah, Simmonds relocated to this area a few years ago.  He's
> >treated like a mythical figure in the Syracuse press.  I don't think
> >I've ever seen him live, even though he plays gigs here from time to
> >time...
>
> Jason and I saw him do an acoustic gig at Happy Endings. I was really
> impressed. He even did some nice slide dobro work on one of the tunes.
> And his acoustic version of Street Corner Talking blew away the
> original. I'd like to catch him when he gets together with Kim Lembo
> again. That must have been a killer show!

Speaking of Happy Endings, Mark Doyle's playing there next
Saturday, I believe.  I saw his last gig there, and it was amazing.  If
you can get to Syr., I strongly urge you to catch the show.  Very
much Beck [Jeff, that is]-inspired instrumental stuff.  Hell of a guitar
player!

theo