Off:Darxtar etc

Fri Feb 11 14:19:35 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, SHLL (Scott Heller) wrote:

>         I did speak with Sören from Darxtar and the new CD Tombola will be
> released on Delerium hopefully by May. He did not actually know as Delerium
> has had everything for 6 months and it is still not out. They are very slow.

        Oh excellent stuff! Poor old Delerium. They never ever have enough
money to do as much as they'd like for any of their bands. Though they've
been so quite of late I'm damned if I know what they're spending what the
Freak Emporium _is_ making on. The On Trial gigs never happened, the
Electric Orange appearances never happened, the new Sons of Selina album
emerged after all that delay with absolute zero hype which considering the
plugging they gave the EP seemed totally out of character... Omnia Opera
split up again, Vex left, Kava Kava just carry on quietly anyhow, the
Spacious Mind likewise; the supposed Porcupine Tree releases of _Voyage
34_ and _Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape_ haven't been yet, nor the CD release
of _Metanoia_ I thought was coming... What is Delerium actually doing at
the moment?

>         He hoped they could play some concerts this summer. The band has
> been totally inactive for the last half year.

        No hope they'll make it to the UK is there? Scandinavian psyche
extravaganza at the Union Chapel or something? </unrealistic>

>         As for Bedoiun, it seems the same old thing, slow negoiations with
> labels that put out good product (Black Widow) but are very slow.  Seems
> they should have loads of material?

        Oh, is it Black Widow? That might well explain the delay... But
they do do it right, it seems to me.

        New material-wise, they had at least six songs they were doing
live when last seen; that's as many actual `songs' as there were on
_Bedouin_ and twice as many as were on _Captured Rotation_...

>         New Dark Sun- Ice Ritual CD will be out next month and the limited
> edition 300 copies on vinyl soon after (this will be on a label I am part of
> here in denmark. We will also release a new double live On Trial record,
> limited to 300 copies on vinyl only in April.

        Ooh! Keep us posted won't you... Yours,
                                                Jon

--
        |       Jonathan Jarrett             11 Manhattan Drive,   |