OFF/"rule of thumb" and other MEATY topix

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Feb 11 16:39:22 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Tom Clark wrote:

=> Oh..and don' t forget the house that you live in was built on the nests of
=> various critters as well, and pretty much destroyed their way of life.  Gosh
=> darned it!
=>
=> Jon Browne wrote:
=>
=> > In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.10002062256440.12790-100000 at zappa.dlib.vt.edu>
=> > , Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU> writes
=> > >hives of which are left to die off/starve to
=> > >death at the end of their productive season.
=> >
=> > The bastards!

In the words of Kyuss: "You act like I care."  Alas, I don't (about the
bees, that is:).

But it is amusing to see so much veiled intolerance spring up from such
an innocuous query.

Maybe we should start bashing religions, or other lifestyle
choices next?

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu