OFF/"rule of thumb" and other MEATY topix

Sat Feb 12 11:02:53 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Paul Mather wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Tom Clark wrote:
>
> => Oh..and don' t forget the house that you live in was built on the nests of
> => various critters as well, and pretty much destroyed their way of life.  Gosh
> => darned it!
> =>
> => Jon Browne wrote:
> =>
> => > In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.10002062256440.12790-100000 at zappa.dlib.vt.edu>
> => > , Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU> writes
> => > >hives of which are left to die off/starve to
> => > >death at the end of their productive season.
> => >
> => > The bastards!
>
> In the words of Kyuss: "You act like I care."  Alas, I don't (about the
> bees, that is:).

        It's dangerous using Josh Homme lyrics in arguments, you know
Paul; since no-one can relly tell what on earth he was on about.

> But it is amusing to see so much veiled intolerance spring up from such
> an innocuous query.
>
> Maybe we should start bashing religions, or other lifestyle
> choices next?

        Non! God will not go on! Or to put it another way, the last time
BOC-L got onto religion between my then-daily logins, I'd received 400K of
mail, gone massively over quota and had my university account disabled
until I learnt how to use FTP in order to extract my mailbox and clear
things out.

        So, let me try this. Religion, Jesus; that leads me onto the
subject of _Resurrection_, which by a startling coincidence is the album
I'm listening to right now, you know, the Pretty Things netcast version of
_S. F. Sorrow_, and leads me to ask, has anyone got the new album by
them and is it any good? Yours,
                                Jon

--
        |       Jonathan Jarrett             11 Manhattan Drive,   |