OFF: DarXtar, Bedouin and record labels; + PT news

Fri Feb 11 08:06:21 EST 2000

At 20.32 -0500 00-02-10, K Henderson wrote:
>As far as Bedouin goes, how 'bout 'Rise Above' who I consider to be sort of
>the Man's Ruin of the UK?  Also, they have a relationship with Relapse (is
>it?) over here in the states, and so we sometimes get US domestic releases
>of Rise Above stuff.  [I think I just saw that the Quill CD (a German stoner
>group I believe), was just released here in the states...is that via the
>same pathway?]

Yeah, I can walk into the Newbury Comics in Nashua, New Hampshire and
find an Orange Goblin CD. I couldn't do that in Cambridge, England!
One could do worse than Rise Above. I know a guy (who likes Bedouin)
who knows the guy who runs Rise Above. Have to see if I can contact
'em. But more important is getting *Alan* to contact the labels, it
seems to me.

Cheers,
Carl

--