OFF: DarXtar

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Tue Feb 15 15:09:35 EST 2000

> At 16.26 -0500 00-02-13, K Henderson wrote:
> >They redid a Genesis track on the Purple Pyramid (?) Genesis tribute album I
> >think. (Along with ArcMet, and a couple Gong-related entities.)  That must
> >be it.
>
> How terrifying. I suppose I should try and look for it when I can ...
>

> Cheers,
> Carl

It's really quite good, especially the Controlled Bleeding track - it's
billed as being Broadway Melody of 1974, and yes it's there (in an
instrumental version), but it's mostly a very extended version of Fly
On A Windshield, one of the heaviest tracks Genesis ever did.

The John Wetton track is, of course, quite naff.
(Your Own Special Way, urk!)

The comp is called The Fox Lies Down, I got mine at Tower....

scorch