OFF: DarXtar, Bedouin and record labels; + PT news

Tue Feb 15 15:21:17 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> At 16.58 +0000 00-02-08, Jon Jarrett wrote:
> >         Dear All,
> >                   recently acquired _DarXtar_ at long last, which brings
> >me within one track of as-close-to-DarXtar-Kompleteness-as-I-can-be-till-
> >someone-reprints-_Darker_,
>
> Really? What's the missing track? (assuming I've read this aright)

        `U.F.O', on that obscure Swedish comp. you were so smug about
having found in Jonnkoping!

> >and it has set me wondering. I take it there is
> >still no news on a release of _Tombola_? Still no label that meets the
> >Commander's wants? What is he after that is so hard to find in the
> >industry?
>
> A label that will release the album? Seriously, those are hard to
> come by. Look at the trouble Dark Sun are having getting their second
> album (the studio one, not the live one with Nik) released. And that
> the follow up to _Feed Your Mind_, a fantastic debut album.

        I did wonder what's become of that... Anyone any news?

> Part of this could be a continuing failure to market the band to the
> Kyuss/FuManchu/OrangeGoblin crowd. Part of this could be a failure to
> market the band at all! Part of it could be that things seem a little
> shaky inside Bedouin -- what, for example, is the lineup these days?
> Is the band actually a going concern? Hell, I've no idea! Where's the
> band website that was promised a year ago? Does it exist?

        I believe it's currently Alan, Danny Thompson and some geezer on
guitar whose name I forget. Someone will surely remind us...

> Well, this would mean Bedouin and Man's Ruin would actually have to
> enter into negotiations. Who even knows whether approaches have been
> made from either side? Has Alan _heard_ of Man's Ruin? Has Man's Ruin
> _heard_ of Bedouin?

        Um, I've pestered a Man's Ruin contact over it, but he never
replied. I'll try again with a different one if this _Chaos Delight_ thing
transpires not to be the Bedouin album.

        Yours,
                Jon
--
        |       Jonathan Jarrett             11 Manhattan Drive,   |