HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Feb 15 14:30:56 EST 2000

On 15 Feb 00, at 19:47, nigel.kew wrote:

> This indeed saddens me beyond me beyond expression!
> I love Hawkwind in all their ever changing guises and try to see them
> whenever and wherever possible, in fact between 1985 and 1993 I saw
> them at least once a year. Now my hit ratio has not been as good
> since, but still I'm desperate to make amends at any opertunity and
> hence I'm particularly saddened by poor attendance at what appears to
> have been a top gig (when is HW ever not)

It always sickens me to read these accounts.  Esp. when it's a band
that you know you are tremendously lucky to be seeing in the first
place.  This happened a couple years back when Bevis Frond played
here.  About 15 people saw that show, with BOC-L members
accounting for about a fifth of that number...

theo