HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Stephan Spiegel spiegel at INTPLSRV.NET
Tue Feb 15 15:54:33 EST 2000

I'm particularly saddened by poor attendance at what appears to
> have been a top gig (when is HW ever not)

Well, there is always a reason for failure and success.
One thing I never could understand is why anyone would
have a concert other than a Friday or Saturday night.  Those
2 nights are your highest attendance nights, since most
people work Mon-Fri.  Another is advertising.  If the people
don't know about it, they won't come.  And the last is distance.
Driving more than an hour to see a show sucks, since most
are blitzed when they leave, and driving drunk is hard enough
even when you live a few miles away.  (We drive drunk here
in America and were PROUD of it!)

Hawkman