HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Feb 15 16:26:57 EST 2000

>I'm particularly saddened by poor attendance at what appears to
>> have been a top gig (when is HW ever not)
>

>Well, there is always a reason for failure and success.
>One thing I never could understand is why anyone would
>have a concert other than a Friday or Saturday night.  Those
>2 nights are your highest attendance nights, since most
>people work Mon-Fri.  Another is advertising.  If the people
>don't know about it, they won't come.  And the last is distance.
>Driving more than an hour to see a show sucks, since most

Distance is a huge factor here, I keep wanting to go to
Strange Days but for me to make it there it would be about
a 20 hour drive  .  And that it takes place a couple weeks
after I get back from a 34-hour drive doesn't help.   I
don't believe Hawkwind has ever played within a 10-hour
radius of South Florida in the entire time I've lived
here (1990- before that I lived in Central America, so I'm not
gonna complain)...  It takes me five hours just to reach the
Georgia border.

>are blitzed when they leave, and driving drunk is hard enough
>even when you live a few miles away.  (We drive drunk here
>in America and were PROUD of it!)

I'm sorry, this statement disturbs me.  Friends of mine are
dead because of people doing this, it's stupid, wrong, etc.
insert adjective.  I know it's off-topic, so I'll stop at
a mini-rant, save to ask people road-tripping to a show to
do what they have to to be able to get home safely.

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random