OFF: DarXtar, Bedouin and record labels; + PT news

Wed Feb 16 03:40:18 EST 2000

> On the other hand, if someone already doing an HW-related site wanted
> to take on Bedouin as well ... ;)

Let's just say, I'm not rich or altruistic enough to take on another site
for free!  BTW, Nik registered nikturner.com a while ago and hasn't done
anything with it yet... but then again I registered andygilham.com and
haven't either!

As for taking credit card payments - well, I've been looking into that as
well...  if you're a small trader you can be caught between a rock and a
hard place on that; your bank will probably want all sorts of credit checks
before giving you a merchant account (because if you fail to deliver, then
they're liable), and these fly-by-night people you probably get lots of spam
from, while giving a merchant account to anyone who asks, all charge an arm
and a leg - seriously, you can be looking at 10% or even 15% per
transaction, which kills your margins.  Still, these problems aren't
insuperable.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk