HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 16 09:11:10 EST 2000

Thomas Guy writes:

> Why the hell do bands NEED to come on either side of midnight? As Dave
> B said at Slough (business trip tour 1993 - I think??) they had their
> hot-chocolate and digestive biscuits to look forward to after the gig!
> All they needed was to have their slippers kept nice and warm by the
> fire, and to be safely tucked-up in bed by 11.30!

> It makes a 2 hour drive for us punters much more bearable at 11.00pm
> rather than starting 1 or 2 in the morning!

> Maybe I'm just getting too old too!

No, you're right.  In fact I don't see why gigs can't all be seated ones
so that we can relax and enjoy the show.  And they should bring round
ice cream during the interval. They should also throw out anyone who
talks during a gig and spoils everyone else's enjoyment.

I've heard that some folks believe there should be some sort of minimum
dress code. I'm not so sure about that, so long as these people are
acquainted with soap and water, have their hair cut above their ears and
don't make a nuisance of themselves.

> Guy T.

FoFP