OFF: Gig etiquette (was Re: HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 10:23:37 EST 2000

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, M Holmes wrote:

=> No, you're right.  In fact I don't see why gigs can't all be seated ones
=> so that we can relax and enjoy the show.  And they should bring round
=> ice cream during the interval. They should also throw out anyone who
=> talks during a gig and spoils everyone else's enjoyment.

No, they should make those people have to listen to their incessant
blather on subsequent audience recordings of the gig (and have them
reflect on the fact that "gee, this would be a great sounding recording
were it not for that pratt whittling on in the left channel all the

But I *am* all in favour of the ice cream during the set breaks!
(Reminds me of the Gaumont and ABC cinemas when I was a kid, where the
attendant used to come to the front with the little lighted tray of choc
ices et al for sale between features.)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Gov't Mule, _Life Before Insanity_