HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Feb 17 08:07:36 EST 2000

>In message <a04301004b4d04d38be6f@[165.247.1.219]>, Carl Edlund Anderson
><cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> writes
>>Tania Ruiz, Scott Heller, and myself once drove about 4 or 5 hours
>>each way from Boston, MA to Burlington, VT to see the Brain Surgeons
>>opening for Gov't Mule :)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Carl
>
>The furthest I went for a show was from London, England to Rotterdam,
>Holland to see Cardiacs.

Had the Hawkwind at the 50th Roswell thing worked out, I would have made
the 32-hour drive.  However, that was in part because I was already
driving to the area for other reasons.

I may well make the attempt if they ever play anywhere in the Southeast,
I still hope one day Atlanta may be a venue, if so, it is only about
a 10-11 hour drive for me.

Now, if I could only convince them that Opa-Loka (a suburb of Miami)
would make sense....

I made it about 3 hours to Orlando to see BOC at the House of Blues a year or so
ago, a trip well worth it.  They were really clicking that night....

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random