OFF: Drunk Driving

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Thu Feb 17 13:20:11 EST 2000

Stephan Spiegel spoke:
> "well I'm too wasted to party any more, I guess I'll drive back to
> the base and go to sleep".

        This is one of the dumbest things I've read on the Internet in
        some time.  And that's saying something.

> I was doing
> pretty good too.  I was in my lane, never swerved and held the speed limit
> perfectly.

        So...you couldn't even walk, yet you never swerved and held the
        speed limit perfectly?

        Ok.  Sure.  I'd laugh if this weren't so offensive.

> I probably was 3-4 times over the legal limit.

        3-4x .08 or .10 puts you at comotose or dead in most cases.  So,
        you're either superhuman or a numbskull.

> So don't tell me what I can and can't do.  That's my BEST story....There are
> many more almost as good.

        Oh, great.  Care to tell me where you live so I can make sure I
        don't move there?

> Oh yeah, I was in an accident last year.  A idiot ran a Red Light in town
> here, and hit the rear on my van while I was going through the intersection.
> He was sober and not paying attention to the speed limit or the red light he
> had.  If I was 2 seconds slower in going through the intersection, I could
> very well have been killed, since it was my side of the van he hit.  He was
> doing about 40 mph.  Ignorance kills just as well.  But you don't see anyone
> in Jail for that.

        I hope this isn't an example of your sober reasoning.

--
Chip Hart                           *                        chip @ pcc.com
Physician's Computer Company        *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip