HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Feb 17 15:33:26 EST 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:

=> On 17 Feb 00, at 13:43, Stephan Spiegel wrote:
=>
=> > > An interesting quirk of American politics is how small a
=> > > difference there is between the political poles.  One of the
=> > > American Constitution's first two amendments is sacrosanct, but the
=> > > other is an obsolete relic of a bygone age.  The only squabble
=> > > between far Right and far Left is: which amendment is which?
=> >
=> > What the heck are you talking about?
=>
=> He doesn't know!  I <think> he might mean that there appears to be
=> little difference between the two 'major' political parties, and this is
=> somewhat true.  Trust me, American politics runs the entie gamut
=> from far left to far right.  Sadly, though, the only parties having a
=> meaningful following are the 2 big ones, and they are hopelessly
=> centrist, offering Americans little substantive choice.  One can
=> always cast a 'protest' ballot...

Far be it for me to interpret someone else's posting (after the bee
debacle), but to this addled noggin it seemed like he was saying that
the far Right and far Left couldn't decide which of the first two
amendments was sacrosant, and which one was an obsolete relic of a
bygone age.  (E.g., far Right: keep guns and regulate speech; far Left:
protect speech and ban guns.)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Motorhead, _No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa