[off] audiobooks (was Re: Roadhawkfans (was hawkwind in new zealand))

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Feb 17 18:33:00 EST 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

:Subject: Roadhawkfans (was hawkwind in new zealand)
:

[snip roadtrip song list]

:This is at the moment.  Anyways, its a great excuse to get people
:to listen to stuff.  Our road trip rules are driver listens to
:what he wants.  Of course, that backfired one year when one guy
:put on cheesy spy novels read by some two-bit actor.

hey....cheesy spy audiobooks can be great fun!  audiobooks, in general,
are wonderful things...particularly since I can't read when driving :)

(...and listening to roger zelazny read his amber chronicles just
rocked.  and his rendition of _A Night in the Lonesome October_
was fantastic.)

Arin
(now if only I could get hawkwind to provide background music for
some of 'em, life would be perfect while roadtripping.)
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #305A Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559