Hawkwindia

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Fri Feb 18 08:30:03 EST 2000

>K Henderson writes:
>>
>> P.S.  I'm hoping to go to Heard Is. within the next five years or so, so I
>> could perhaps put in a claim for Hawkwindia if that happens.  :)
>
>You could make a double-headed-hawk flag to plant...

 Make sure you plant it atop Big Ben.

can we say "Hawk island"?

and from the weather description, I gather it's pretty windy.

Now, I don't suppose any hawks live there....  ospreys?  any
birds of prey?  frigate birds?  I don't suppose Penguins could
pass for hawks... I mean, they do eat fish, that makes them a
bird of prey, doesn't it?

A picture of our future home (and a map) is at:

http://www.antdiv.gov.au/stations/heard/

Hey... it's like permanently covered in ice, over 90% of it...

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random