HW: Hawkwind in New Zealand

Sprawl sprawl at STARPOWER.NET
Fri Feb 18 14:39:51 EST 2000

>Well, that's all fine and dandy for your local pubs and such, but that
>doesn't really apply for concert halls.

Well, actually, clubs and pubs were all I was referring to.  I really don't
have
a problem with not smoking in a hall.

> It's not like you have a choice on
>where to see a band travelling across the country...they're only likely to
>be in your city once, if at all!  And most clubs/halls (outside of CA
>anyway) do allow smoking, and so unless the band itself demands a
smoke-free
>hall (and I don't think there are many who do), it simply doesn't happen.
>Personally, I've learned to tolerate it, and actually the thing I dislike
>the most about it, is the stench my clothes emit the following morning.
>(Esp. your coat, that you might like to wear without first having to air it
>out for a week.)  As bad as it is for your lungs, the awful smell of
clothes
>and furniture is really the most hideous thing about the habit.  (Other
than
>the early death.)  :)  I know the smoker him/herself becomes oblivious to
>the smell (I worked in a chemical plant for awhile, and so I know how that
>works), but how a non-smoker can live around heavy smokers I can't imagine.

I don't smell it on myself, but I do smell it when I first pick up my coat,
or return home
after being away.  I will hand you that...  I don't like the smell either.
But I like the
smell of Italian food and perfume even less... and lets not even talk about
airfresheners and household disinfectants!  ewwwwww...
 =)