informal survey

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Feb 18 20:43:41 EST 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:13:14 -0500, crow <crow at ASCENT.NET> wrote:
>Out of whatever band you joined this list for (BOC, HW, tBS), what's
>one cover tune you would die to hear them do?

I suppose this would qualify me as the most egotistical person on boc-l,
but I would die to hear Hawkwind perform a song that *I* wrote (what could
possibly be more gratifying?).  Specifically, the one that's titled
"Professor Q" because it's about the lead character in the series of
low-budget Hammer sci-fi movies - an appropriate topic for a Hawkwind song,
I'd think.  It even sounds a bit like some of Jerry's slightly metal-ish
songs ("Wheels", "Alchemy"), and would (IMO) sound great as sung by Ron in
his most malevolent voice ("Blue Skin", "Reptoid Vision").  There's even a
breakdown section in the middle that would ideally be filled with "Sonic
Attack"-type electronic noises.

Come to think of it, I'd love to hear BOC play the song, too, since after I
wrote it, I noticed that its' signature bass riff is very close to the main
riff of "Career of Evil" (an accident, I swear!).  Self-importantly yrs,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com