MP3

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Feb 18 21:51:26 EST 2000

At 09:12 18/02/00 -0500, you wrote:

>In future, I suggest you spare their feelings and arrange this
>apparently "ok"/"between us" free redistribution of their back catalogue
>via PRIVATE e-mail.

Or better still JUST DON'T DO IT
I'm as guilty as anybody of taping the odd item for a mate, who probably
wouldn't buy whatever it was, or similarly soliciting things that I
wouldn't buy, but this just "smells bad".

>Lastly, just what is your definition of "CD quality?"  At 64 Kb/s, you
>must have one hell of a lousy CD player... >;-)

Too right, and CD (as I've said many times) is far from "Perfect sound
forever" *snigger*

Now, the emerging 24bit/192kHz technologies might cut the mustard - shame
about all those lower quality digital masters though - I wonder how many
people are wishing they'd stuck with analogue in the studio now?  And who's
gonna make big bucks out of "interpolation" software to "upgrade" the old
stuff?

>Cheers,
>
>Paul.
>
>NP: Frank Zappa, _Shut Up 'N' Play Yer Guitar_

And it's time I dusted that off for the newly restored vinyl facility!!!
Cheers,
ChrisW