informal survey BLOODROCK LSDOA

Sprawl sprawl at STARPOWER.NET
Sat Feb 19 17:48:40 EST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: DASLUD at AOL.COM <DASLUD at AOL.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2000 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: informal survey BLOODROCK LSDOA

>In a message dated 2/19/00 10:11:14 AM, sprawl at STARPOWER.NET writes:
>
><< Scream thy last scream - syd barrett >>
>======
>not solo barrett; the version i heard was one of his last floydian
>recordings...
>
>....am starting to think the version of "DOA" w/narrative was on the 2lp
>capitol "live bloodrock"; if not there, then an audience tape, in regards
>which there seems to be 'not much'...

I don't -think- it's live..  I don't have the studio version, but the song
sounds
pretty much the way I remember it.  It is recorded from vinyl, and at some
point
the slab must have been used as a door-mat, from the sound of it.

As for the Syd song, you're probably right.  I just posted what my friend
wrote
on the tape.

I finished the mp3...  two versions ::  one at 160kbps ..deep sound, but
lots of noise..pops...
12 MB.

And the other at 64kbps a little tinny, but the size justifies it...  3.?
MB.

Ron