OFF: smoking etc.

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Sun Feb 20 11:05:14 EST 2000

>circulated air in this very building.  Why should it be legal for my
>employer to mismanage the health of a hundred employees, yet
>illegal for me to grow a little weed in my backyard?

I could care less, as long as you don't use it next to me.  I usually get
nauseus from weed fumes, it's ruined a couple concerts for me but it is
generally accepted as expected in certain types of concerts.

I will admit, though, that there are other people who get annoyed at the
mere thought of other people going off and having fun doing things they
would not, (and this applies to a heck of a lot more than just this),
and do their utmost to ruin everyone's fun.

BTW, it is not legal for your employer to do that, he (or she) just
probably gets away with it.   Clean air stuff probably varies from
state to state, but in theory there is an office you could contact if
you have concern.  A government office where I was at ended up being
investigated and it was determined that the air was unsafe, and there
was considerable fallout that resulted from this.... (it had some  kind
of mildewy fungus in the air).  I know that now all our buildings do have
air quality inspections now because of that.

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold