HW: Reefer Madness (was Re: OFF: smoking etc.)

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Mon Feb 21 13:49:48 EST 2000

At 18:05 21.02.00, Paul Mather wrote:

>Trying to steer this marginally on-topic, recently I had the enormous
>pleasure of watching the film _Reefer Madness_ (thanks to the Virginia
>Tech library), and I heartily recommend it to all!  I especially liked
>the part where the floozie dives to her death out of the upper floor
>window because she can bear no longer the thought of the moral
>degeneration she has wrought with the evil weed!

I also had the chance to watch this "educational" movie not long ago. The
introduction isn't bad either:

"[...] Its first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter; then
comes dangerous hallucinations - space expands - time slows down, almost
stands still ... fixed ideas come next, conjuring monstrous extravagances -
followed by emotional disturbances, the total inability to direct thoughts,
the loss of all power to resist physical emotions, leading finally to acts
of shocking violence ... ending often in incurable insanity.
In picturing its soul-destroying effects no attempt was made to equivocate.
The scenes and incidents, while fictionized for the purposes of this story,
are based upon actual research into the results of Marihuana addiction [...]"

>100% realism guaranteed throughout!!

At least!

Somwhere on the WWW there's a site (I don't have the URL anymore) where you
can watch this film as a real-video stream. The quality isn't too bad so
this might be a good opportunity to watch this piece of tripe.

mfg

                 D+R