HW

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Wed Feb 23 04:05:35 EST 2000

Hello,

>I just found , of all amazing things, Hawkwinds "Year 2000: Codename
>Hawkwind"
>V. #1! Any info on what looks to me like a gem??
>I know the dates:
>the first disc is The Sundown, Brixton 30.12.72
>the second: Cambridge Corn Exchange, 1972.
>I looked & my muddled mind couldn't find alot of info. I think this was
>mentioned here, but as usual, I wasn't paying attention!!

Disc 1 (Brixton Sundown) is a re-release of "Space Ritual Vol. 2", disc 2
(Cambridge) a re-release of "In The Beginning" (aka "Masters of the
Universe"). It says it is remastered but I doubt it. It's a nice set to
have if you don't already own the other ones. There are some good versions
of classic HW-songs on it (including Lemmy's bass freak-out during "Time We
Left"), but the sound-quality of disc 2 is bad compared to "official"
releases.

cu

                 D+R