HW: The Elf and the Hawk

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Feb 23 12:04:43 EST 2000

>>I'm sure this has been covered before, but what exactly is The Elf
>>and the Hawk? (...and where does one obtain a copy of it?)

Basically, the Elf EP (Alan's 2x7" singles) and the Hawkfan 12 reissued on
one CD, along with that PXR1 cover of SotA (aren't they related to
Krel/Spacehead?).  I think the 2LP version had three PXR1 tracks, right?
Anyway, it's on Black Widow out of Italy.  I'm sure Stephan has it (?) and
maybe CDServices in the UK.

>Wasn't that the infamous "Ronnie James Dio sings British Tribal Music", the
>much lauded album of Hawkwind cover versions he recorded in the late-70's
>which got him his job in Black Sabbath?

I thought I heard that Ronnie Dio was planning to reform Elf soon, following
the failed plan to reform the 'original' Rainbow, i.e., Rising era.
Although I think I caught that Bob Daisley was still to be the Elf bassist.

My question, why?

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Don't quote me on this...perhaps I dream things.