BOC: Setlist for 2/21/00

Thomas Nelson gumby at TELIS.ORG
Wed Feb 23 21:01:52 EST 2000

<Sent out to the BOC discussion list>

Hi there,

Got to see the Oysterboys play at Club West in Eureka on 2/21/00.

Here's the setlist:

Stairway to the Stars
OD'ed on Life Itself
ETI
Harvest Moon
This Ain't the Summer of Love
ME 262
Teen Archer
Buck's Boogie
Subhuman
Joan Crawford
Cities on Flame
Burnin' for You
Harvester of Eyes
Then Came the Last Days of May
Godzilla (w/ bass and drum solos)
Buck Solo
Don't Fear the Reaper

Encore:
The Red and the Black

Notes and comments:

I was pleasantly surprised at some of the song choices, and slightly
disappointed on some songs that were missing (none of the new tunes
and no Dom and Submiss).  It was wonderful to hear Subhuman (not the
Imaginos track), Teen Archer (I didn't recognize it at first), This
Ain't the Summmer, and Joan Crawford. Ending JC, Allen played a long
and wonderful keyboard solo in the classical JC style.

Unfortunately, some idiot through his or her beverage up on the stage
at that point.  Some of the spray landed on Eric.  He seemed quite
agitated and warned everybody that the show would end if that
happened again.  "Find out who did that, knock him on the head, and
throw him out of here!"  Eric told the small crowd.  I suspect this
may be why we only received one encore song.

I didn't like the faster version of Last Days of May, although during
Buck's solo, I was impressed with the band's ability to play at a
speed metal tempo.

EB did his usual Godzilla intro: "Is it Rodan?  Is it Gamera?  Is it
Ghidrah the three-headed space monster?"  The bass and drum solos
were fun.

EB's voice sounded strong.  Buck was his usual relaxed and positive
self.  Allen didn't look so great, but at least he was there.  And he
seemed almost energetic.

There wasn't a t-shirt booth set up that I could see and no mention
made of any new recordings.

My wife and I enjoyed ourselves.  It was her first BOC show.

Take Care Everybody!

Thomas
The Gumby Man
"And have I not told you that what you mistake for madness is but
over-acuteness of the senses?"
                                        "The Tell-tale Heart"
                                                by Edgar Allan Poe